Pennsylvania Guild MAKERS FEST
Sunday June 8, 2014 : 10am-6pm
300 Block of North Queen Street
Lancaster, PA 17603
The Pennsylvania Guild of Craftsmen will host the first annual MAKERSfest on the 300 block of N. Queen St. on Sunday, June 8. This brand-new street festival celebrates the beauty of a finished object, as well as the act of making. The Guild invites everyone to come for the day, to start making craft, to acquire a piece from a master craftsman, and revel in the creative expression of music, food, art, craft, and more.
The event features more than 50 craftsmen, live music, food trucks, and hands-on activities for all ages that focus on the artistry and ingenuity of making. All the craft on display is the inspired work of the craftsmen in the booth, ranging from ceramics to jewelry, handmade clothing, weaving, artisan furniture, functional objects, and more.
Special activities throughout the day include:
- Silk-screen your own “Lancaster, City of Makers” shirt with Graphic Communications & Printing Technology at Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology
- Food Trucks in Building Character courtyard
- Paint watercolors with Susquehanna Waldorf School
- 3-D printing demonstrations with Lanco/Berks Makers
- Fleece to Shawl – shearing to weaving, knitting and spinning with Red Rose 4-H Fiber Artist Club
- Rare breed sheep with Flying Fibers
- Chalk up the sidewalk with Lancaster Creative Factory
- Soldering Zone (ages 10 & up) with Lanco/Berks Makers
- Live music with River Valley Music Collective
- Coffee making demonstration with Commonwealth on Queen
- Print making demonstration with Heritage Press Museum
- Plein air painting demonstration with Michael Allen
- Spinning directly from angora rabbit with Ellen Anderson
- Wine making demonstration with Lancaster Homebrew
“We’re excited to bring the MAKERSFest to Lancaster,” says Sherrie Boyer, executive director. “It’s a great opportunity for everyone to get their hands on craft–whether as a brand new maker experimenting at one of our demonstration and maker tables, or as an art lover who picks up beautiful handmade works from the many master artisans at our event.”
MAKERSfest is free and open to the public. Hours are Sunday, 10 am – 6 pm, along the 300 block of N. Queen St., Lancaster.
For more info visit the PA Guild of Craftsmen website or call 717-431-8706