The Clark Hulings Fund 2015 Business Accelerator Grant
The fund offers targeted financial assistance and business support to professional visual artists to help them boost their careers and succeed as managers of their art businesses. Applicants must detail exactly how the grant would help them undertake, improve, or expand a specific project. Examples of activities covered by the grant include mounting, casting, creating marketing materials, and transporting work to an exhibition. The fund does not support performance, literary or commercial work.
Timing: Applications accepted from September 1 through 30, 2015
Winners and finalists announced in November 2015
Amount:Two $5,000 grants (no fiscal sponsorship required)
Additional Benefits for Winners & Finalists:
- Free 12-month subscription to ArtWorkArchive.com, a cloud-based inventory- and collection-tracking system that includes a public page for showcasing an artist’s work
- The chance to interview an industry leader for our podcast, gaining knowledge and a networking connection
- Exposure through the fund’s podcast, blog, and PR outreach efforts
Applicants must be professional painters, artists working on paper, and/or sculptors who:
Employ traditional media (not including photography, film, or video)
Have had their work published and/or exhibited professionally
Are pursuing specific opportunities or projects for which financial support from CHF would make a substantive difference.
For submission guidelines and additional information, please visit www.clarkhulingsfund.org/guidelines
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Clark Hulings Fund for Visual Artists
Application window: September 1-30, 2014
Award amount: 2 grants up to $5000 each
Contact email: email@example.com
The Fund considers proposals from professional artists who have secured tangible prospects for advancing their careers, but lack sufficient financial resources to capitalize on those opportunities. Examples include but are not limited to: the completion of work due to a gallery, museum, or private collection, the transportation of work or of the artist to an exhibition of that artist’s material, the management of logistical or technical requirements to realize a project, etc. The Fund does not support performance, literary or commercial work.
Who Should Apply?
Professional painters, artists working on paper and sculptors who:
- Employ traditional media, not including photography, film or video.
- Have received opportunities to exhibit their work
- Are pursuing specific opportunities for which support from The Fund would make a tangible difference
- Fiscal Sponsor: The Fund cannot make awards to individuals.
- Artist Statement
- Request for Support, including a detailed proposal and images, if available
- Examples of previous work
- Supporting materials, if relevant (letter of intent from a gallery, commission statement, referrals, references, etc.)
Visit clarkhulingsfund.org to find out more information about our 2014 grant cycle and make sure you sign up for the “Fund” email listserv to receive important updates and deadline reminders.