The New Bohemian Gallery
In a fast paced world with information and imagery coming at us from all directions, the majority on screens, in the form of advertisements and short videos on YouTube and other social media sites it is hard to escape what we consume on a daily basis. In this exhibition we want to focus on the concept of short films and what they can be outside of what we are so familiar with. We seek artworks that are experimental as well as traditional in filming techniques and genres. The time frame may sound short, but with the right ideas, techniques, and creativity a unique film piece will emerge. We welcome submissions from filmmakers and film enthusiasts at all levels, and encourage the use of all tools to capture and create a short one minute film for this exhibition.
Visit our website for more information and the online submission form:
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS:
Wednesday, June 29
NOTIFICATION OF ACCEPTANCE:
Thursday, June 30
Friday, July 8 // 5:00 – 8:00 pm
All artwork accepted, from established and emerging artists, 18 or older, including all film genre/themes. All exhibitions are curated by The New Bohemian Gallery directors.
* Complete online submission form
* Free Entry, No Submission Fee
* 1 – 2 video submissions per filmmaker
* All film submissions must be 1 minute in length, no more, no less.
* Label video files as first and last name, and title, ie: Firstname_Lastname_Title.jpg
* All film submissions must be original works, and you must be the sole author(s) of the film. By submitting your film you certify that you hold necessary rights to both the visuals and audio of the film (exceptions only for found footage films that are taking content from the public domain). The gallery will not be responsible or held liable for any violations.
* Films using unauthorized copyrighted material, or promoting any product or service will not be accepted
* Films may be created with any tools or equipment – film cameras, video cameras, iPhones/iPads, etc., but the final product must be submitted in digital format.
* All genre/themes will be accepted – experimental, surreal, animation, found footage, silent, documentary, etc.
* Once you have submitted your film for participation it cannot be withdrawn.
* Short clips, image stills, and audio from your film may be used by the gallery for promotional purposes.
* The gallery reserves the right to refuse any entry at its own discretion.