The Franklin Arts Center Resident Artists Gallery, presents, Lush Vibes, our 2014 Spring Juried Exhibition. This year, we are excited to announce that Casey Hochhalter will be our guest juror for this exhibition. We invite artists from all over, working in all mediums, to submit artwork to be juried into this exhibition. There is no particular theme for this show, and please note that artwork does not need to be “spring related”, but artwork that uses bright and bold colors is encouraged. This group exhibition will be on display in our back gallery space throughout the month of April.
Casey Hochhalter, Guest Juror
Casey Hochhalter is a ceramic artist, primarily working in abstract sculpture, while focusing on investigating the interaction of nature’s systems and the immensity of imagination. Hochhalter received his Masters of Fine Arts in ceramics from Illinois State University in Normal and his Bachelors of Fine Arts from Minnesota State University in Mankato. His sculptures have been included in many exhibitions around the United States, as well as publications. Some of these select exhibitions include those at the San Angelo Museum of Fine Arts, San Angelo, Texas and The Clay Studio, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, as well participating in a collaborative project titled “Time Immemorial”, at NCECA 2012, in Seattle, Washington. Recently he completed research supported by the Jerome Ceramic Artist Project Grant awarded by the Northern Clay Center. He currently has artwork on display in a contemporary ceramics exhibition at the Plains Art Museum in Fargo, North Dakota. Hochhalter is also currently the Art Instructor at Central Lakes College in Brainerd, Minnesota.
Online Entry/Submission Deadline: Sunday, March 16, 2014
Visit the link below to complete the submission form:
Lush Vibes, 2014 Spring Juried Exhibition Online Submission Form
Franklin Arts Center Resident Artists Gallery, Located inside the Franklin Arts Center, in Brainerd, Minnesota
Calendar Of Events
Online Entry/Submission Deadline: Sunday, March 16, 2014
Notification Of Acceptance: Wednesday, March 19, 2014
Deadline For Dropped Off Artwork: Monday, March 31, 2014, 12:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Deadline For Shipped Artwork: Monday, March 31, 2014
Exhibition Opening Reception – Friday, April 4, 2014, 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Exhibition Opens – Saturday, April 5, 2014
Exhibition Closes – Saturday, April 26, 2014
Pick Up Artwork – Monday, April 28, 2014, 12:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Return Shipped Artwork – Monday, April 28 – Saturday, May 3, 2014
* All artwork, whether dropped off or shipped, must arrive to the gallery by the given dates above. Any artwork that arrives after these dates will not be included in the exhibition.
Shipping | Dropping Off Artwork
All artwork for this exhibition can be shipped to the gallery, at the following address:
1001 Kingwood St, Suite 215
Brainerd, MN 56401
If you are dropping off artwork, it can be done so on the following day and time:
Monday, March 31, 2014
12:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Established and emerging artists, working in any media are encouraged to submit artwork, including but not limited to: painting, drawing, printmaking, photography, ceramics, sculpture, and fiber, as long as the piece follows the guidelines below.
– Artwork that uses bright and bold colors is encouraged.
– Both 2D and 3D artwork will be accepted.
– All 2D artwork must be able to hang on the wall, and be no larger then 6′ x 6′ in size.
– All 3D artwork must be able to either sit on a pedestal of 12″ x 12″, or be able to be free standing within our gallery space.
– All artwork must arrive to the gallery ready to hang or display, with proper wiring and hanging systems, or displaying instructions.
– A limit of 2 pieces will be accepted per artist, with an overall submission fee of $15. Payment can be made through Paypal at the end of the submission form. Fees are nonrefundable.
– All artwork should be clearly labeled with the following: artist’s name, artwork title, medium, dimensions, date of completion, and sale price.
– All artwork will remain in the gallery for the entire time period of the exhibition.
– All artists are responsible for both initial and return shipping of any artwork that is sent to the gallery. Please include any return shipping labels with your artwork.
– The Franklin Arts Center Resident Artists Gallery retains 25% commission of any sales made during the exhibition.
– All artwork, whether dropped off or shipped, must arrive to the gallery by Monday, March 31, 2014. Any artwork that arrives after this date will not be included in the exhibition.
– Any artwork that is not picked up after 30 days of the designated pick up date, will be considered abandoned and will then become property of the gallery, and may be disposed of.
– If you are unable to drop off or pick up your artwork on the given dates and times, please contact the Franklin Arts Center Resident Artists Gallery, so other arrangements can be made.
– The gallery will provide exhibition posters and postcards, along with online promotion through our website and various social media sites.
– The gallery will provide a free opening reception, which will be open to the public. All artists are invited to attend, along with people from the community and elsewhere.
– All artwork that is submitted may be photographed by gallery staff and used for promotion and other purposes online on our website and social media sites.
– The Franklin Arts Center, Franklin Arts Center Resident Artists Gallery, and our gallery staff and directors, are not responsible for artwork that is damaged or stolen while the artwork is being shipped, or while the artwork is on display during the exhibition. Our gallery staff will do their best to handle all artwork with care and consideration.
– The Franklin Arts Center Resident Artists Gallery staff and director has the authority to hang and/or display the artwork provided in an arrangement that fits the gallery best. In addition, the gallery director has the sole discretion to remove any artwork from the gallery display, at any time, as they see fit.
About The Franklin Arts Center Resident Artists Gallery
The Franklin Arts Center Resident Artists Gallery is a small art gallery located within the Franklin Arts Center, in Brainerd, Minnesota. As a gallery we strive to bring all people together through art. The Resident Artists Gallery focuses on presenting interesting and exciting exhibitions to the local community, and all who enter our doors. Through these shows, the gallery shows artwork by artists living and working within the Franklin Arts Center building, as well as bringing in other artists from the community and elsewhere to combine creative forces, and open people up to new artists, artwork, and creative ideas that they may have never experienced before.
Gallery Director – Martin Nelson