The Franklin Arts Center Resident Artists Gallery presents our August exhibition titled, “The Magic Lantern”. A photography and video exhibition that focuses mainly on experimental practices. We are seeking artwork that is not your everyday traditional imagery, but instead that of the unexpected, experimental, out of the box, and unknown, all referring to both the imagery itself, and the process of capturing/creating the piece. Maybe it is a double exposure, or one that has been overexposed, something that just didn’t turn out right, but still has a very interesting look to it, or you were experimenting with movement or how a setting can change from one day to another. We are interested in artwork from artists working in both photography and video mediums for this exhibition. This group exhibition will be on display in our gallery throughout the month of August. All artists that submit artwork, that fits the theme and guidelines, will be included in this exhibition.
Visit The Link Below For More Information And The Online Submission Form:
Online Entry/Submission Deadline: Sunday, August 3, 2014
Franklin Arts Center Resident Artists Gallery, Located inside the Franklin Arts Center, in Brainerd, Minnesota
Calendar Of Events
Online Entry/Submission Deadline: Sunday, August 3, 2014
Deadline For Dropped Off Artwork: Monday, August 4, 2014, 12:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Deadline For Shipped Artwork: Monday, August 4, 2014
Exhibition Opening Reception – Friday, August 8, 2014, 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Exhibition Opens – Saturday, August 9, 2014
Exhibition Closes – Saturday, August 30, 2014
Pick Up Artwork – Monday, September 1, 2014, 12:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Return Shipped Artwork – Monday, September 1 – Saturday, September 6, 2014
* All artwork, whether dropped off or shipped, must arrive to the gallery by the given dates above. Any artwork that arrives after these dates will not be included in the exhibition.
Shipping | Dropping Off Artwork
All artwork for this exhibition can be shipped to the gallery, at the following address:
1001 Kingwood St, Suite 226
Brainerd, MN 56401
If you are dropping off artwork, it can be done so on the following day and time:
Monday, August 4, 2014
12:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Established and emerging artists, working in photography and video based mediums are encouraged to submit artwork, as long as the piece follows the guidelines below.
– Only photography that can be hung on the wall, or video that can be displayed through a TV/DVD or Video Projector, will be accepted for this exhibition.
– Each photography piece must be no larger then 3′ x 4′ in size.
– A limit of 4 photography pieces will be accepted per artist.
– All artwork must arrive to the gallery ready to hang and display, with proper wiring and hanging systems.
– All artwork should be clearly labeled with the following: artist’s name, artwork title, medium, dimensions, date of completion, and sale price.
– All videos must be no longer than 5 minutes in length.
– A limit of 2 videos will be accepted per artist.
– All videos should include the artist’s name and video title, at the beginning of their video, because all video submissions will be combined and shown as a loop.
– Video submissions can be sent to us through the submission form, through email, or on a disc (Mac compatible) to the address above.
– Each artist will have an overall submission fee of $10 Payment can be made through Paypal at the end of the submission form. Fees are nonrefundable.
– Each entry contains the option to submit both photography and video artwork. If you are an artist working in both mediums, you will be able to submit up to 4 photography pieces, and 2 video pieces, all for your $10 submission fee, if you wish.
– All artwork will remain in the gallery for the entire time period of the exhibition.
– All artists are responsible for both initial and return shipping of any artwork that is sent to the gallery. Please include any return shipping labels with your artwork.
– The Franklin Arts Center Resident Artists Gallery retains 25% commission of any sales made during the exhibition.
– All artwork, whether dropped off or shipped, must arrive to the gallery by Monday, August 4, 2014. Any artwork that arrives after this date will not be included in the exhibition.
– Any artwork that is not picked up after 30 days of the designated pick up date, will be considered abandoned and will then become property of the gallery, and may be disposed of.
– If you are unable to drop off or pick up your artwork on the given dates and times, please contact the Franklin Arts Center Resident Artists Gallery, so other arrangements can be made.
– The gallery will provide exhibition posters and postcards, along with online promotion through our website and various social media sites.
– The gallery will provide a free opening reception, which will be open to the public. All artists are invited to attend, along with people from the community and elsewhere.
– All artwork that is submitted may be photographed by gallery staff and used for promotion and other purposes online on our website and social media sites.
– The Franklin Arts Center, Franklin Arts Center Resident Artists Gallery, and our gallery staff and directors, are not responsible for artwork that is damaged or stolen while the artwork is being shipped, or during the exhibition. Our gallery staff will do their best to handle all artwork with care and consideration.
– The Franklin Arts Center Resident Artists Gallery staff and director has the authority to hang and/or display the artwork provided in an arrangement that fits the gallery best. In addition, the gallery director has the sole discretion to remove any artwork from the gallery display, at any time, as they see fit.