Street festival celebrating making & makers
Sunday June 14th, 2015 10 am to 4 pm
300 block of N. Queen St. Lancaster, PA 17603
The Pennsylvania Guild of Craftsmen will host the second annual MAKERSfest on the 300 block of N. Queen St. on Sunday, June 14 from 10 am to 4 pm. This street festival celebrates the beauty of a finished object, as well as the act of making. The Guild invites everyone to come for the day, to start making craft, to acquire a piece from a master craftsman, and revel in the creative expression of music, food, art, craft, and more.
The event features 30 craftsmen, live music, food trucks, and hands-on activities for all ages that focus on the artistry and ingenuity of making. All the craft on display is the inspired work of the craftsmen in the booth, ranging from ceramics to jewelry, handmade clothing, weaving, artisan furniture, functional objects, and more.
- Silk-screen your own “Lancaster, City of Makers” shirt with Graphic
- Communications & Printing Technology at Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology
- Food Trucks in Building Character courtyard
- 3-D printing demonstrations with Make717 and PrintedSolid – and try your own hand at designing a trinket to be printed!
- Chalk up the sidewalk with Lancaster Transplant
- Soldering Zone (ages 10 & up) with Make717
- Personalized bookmark printing with The .918 Club of Heritage Press Museum
- Lancaster Creative Reuse will host an upcycled craft table
- Make origami with the Pennsylvania College of Art & Design
- Indoors at 335 N Queen St, enjoy a painting zone, try the messy and wonderful process of decorating paste paper, then watch woodturning and weaving demonstrations in the Guild’s classrooms