Flux Factory is excited to offer a fully-funded six-month residency to an emerging artist from a culturally underserved community, who demonstrates financial need.
We’re looking for an artist, community member, and friend who enjoys being part of a prolific social milieu. The Flux Factory residency is perfect for artists who have their own focused practice, but revel in sharing it with others in a vibrant and at times chaotic environment. In addition to providing a venue for personal production, Flux Factory also functions as a collective, taking on a number of exhibitions and projects, all in which its artists-in-residence are encouraged to participate.
The residency will run from June 1st, 2012 until December 1st, 2012. While our program has many international artists, artists applying to for this opportunity must live in the New York area.
Flux Factory is a not-for-profit organization that provides residencies and work spaces for 14 artists from the US and around the world. Together, we organize ambitious collective projects and programming in our gallery, while doing projects as a collective in other institutions in the US and abroad.
Our building includes a gallery, a co-working office, a screen printing lab, wood shop, shared kitchen, and library. Residents benefit from an engaged creative community, studio visits, monthly potluck dinners & salons, and professional development opportunities.
All Flux Factory residents are empowered to organize their own projects and have a voice in future programming that will help sustain the organization as a whole. This six-month residency is made possible by The Edward & Sally Van Lier Fund from The New York Community Trust.
Apply by sending a multi-page .pdf (10mb or less) that includes:
– A current CV, contact information, a link to your website.
– 10 images of your work
– Links to video (if applicable)
– Writing samples (if applicable)
– Links to audio samples (if applicable)
– A short biographical statement of no more than 500 words that demonstrates need and speaks to our opportunity to diversify our international and multilingual collective. Please include your age and your city of current residence in your bio. Please also tell us how you heard of us, and if you have ever been to Flux Factory before.
Send applications to apply @ fluxfactory.org by April 23rd, 2012.
Feel free to contact residency @ fluxfactory.org with any questions.